Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cougar Town

I wrote yet another song for Taylor Hicks to add to his repertoire. No need to thank me, big guy. I'm glad to do it.

To the tune of "Funky Town." Sing along!




Gotta find a girl on the road that’s right for me
Girl who’s really movin’
really groovin’ with some energy

Well, I talk about it, talk about it
talk about it, talk about it
Talk about, talk about, talk about lookin'

Gotta find one!
This is rule one:
She gotta be young!



I never go to
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
(repeat)

Every time we move to a town that’s on the tour
Gotta keep aware
-Listen close for a cougar roar!



Well, I talk about it, talk about it
talk about it, talk about it
Talk about, talk about, talk about no girlfriend

I long to hear,
"I like grey hair
and one night stands!"

But not if it's in
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
I never go to
cougar town!
(repeat)

14 comments:

  1. Can't stop laughing!!! "I long to hear I like gray hair and one night stands.... But not if it's in cougar town!"

    If Taylor's cougars looked like that - well, maybe he just might visit a cougar den now and then? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caryl, Have tears streaming down my face from laughing, that is just funny, think he would get a good laugh out of it!!


    JI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I bet Taylor would get a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He never thought he'd be spending his time hanging around in a freaking giant ice cream cone either! Never say never Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care for the term cougar but I laugh at the concept and the new TV show is pretty funny....Taylor should do a cameo on Cougar Town. I though he liked cougars...he said so in a People article way way back when he won AI and was on the cover....he's always liked older women...WAY beforee the term cougar became so popular. I am a few years older than Taylor but I'm not a cougar. Did I mention I don't care for the term "cougar"?

    Great post and pics caryl!!

    SegerHicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry for the typos....

    SH

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know where this came from, don't you, SH? He said in an interview, "I never visit cougar town." It was funny, but..well..let's just say I'm not sure it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny lyrics Caryl. I think he'd go for Demi or Courtney or any 40 something beautiful celeb. I live in a condo development and have quite a few older neighbors. About 4 yrs ago people on TV were talking about cougar sightings as in the above meaning. Well one of the neighbors saw some animal in the 300sq ft patch of trees and brush behind one of the buildings and decided it was a cougar with her cubs. So a warning was sent out to all residents to be careful walking dogs etc, because we had cougars as neighbors. There are no cougars within a 100 miles of here. Some senior citizen panicked due to not getting the new meaning of the word cougar. rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a funny story Rosie! So I think we need to define "cougar." How MUCH older does one have to be to be considered a cougar? How much before being even TOO OLD to be a considered one any more? haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caryl, You are hilarious!! I watched the interview where he mentioned not going to cougar town..it was a great interview...he is so funny too. Grreat sense of humor!! Gotta love him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like tweeting my favorite line in the song. I guess I should wait till tomorrow when all the Vets day stuff is done.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha!! Tweet your fav line and then include a link back to here. I can't tweet the guy. For some reason, they don't go thru. He needs to be reminded that...well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was hysterical! Thanks Caryl. You always make me laugh. :)

    Lubiana

    ReplyDelete